Sole-Source directly to TechSentials. We are 8(a) certified by the US Small Business Administration (SBA). As an 8(a) participant, we can receive sole-source contracts up to $4 million. Our status facilitates awards that can not be protested in as 5 business days.
The Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Sole Source vehicle enables agencies to engage in direct buy contracts with certified contractors. As a Contract Officer, you can award a sole-source 8(a) contract to TechSentials if:
- You determine that TechSentials is has the capabilities to perform the work
- The resulting contract can be awarded at a fair market price
- The government estimate does not exceed $4.5 million according to 8(a) Sole Source Limitations at FAR 19.805-1(a)(2)
The 8(a) sole source vehicle provides agencies a simplified and shortened acquisition procedure:
- Reduced decision cycle: the time required to award an 8(a) sole source contract is usually within days.
- Lowered administrative costs: procurement process and time is reduced to a minimum.
- Prices reflecting the best value: agency negotiates with the firm directly to get the best value.
- Credit for promoting small business participation within agency.
- Can initiate a contract with a simple high-level statement of work.
SBA 8(A) PROGRAM – AWARD A SOLE SOURCE CONTRACT TO TECHSENTIALS IN SIX EASY STEPS
Step 1: Decision is made to issue a Direct Award to TechSentials
Step 2: Intent to Award letter with PWS is sent to TechSentials’ SBA representative
Step 3: SBA reviews and makes determination that TechSentials is capable of execution
Step 4: SBA sends letter of acceptance to Contracting Officer (CO) and Specialist
Step 5: CO informs TechSentials and agency that they may enter into negotiations
Step 6: Once mutually acceptable terms are agreed upon, contract is awarded